What Is Considered a General Private Investigation?
Each investigation is labeled differently depending on the services required. However, it is important to note that the labeling of your investigation might affect the overall cost of the services rendered. This means, having your case labeled as a “general private investigation” may not necessarily be a bad thing. Your case will be labeled based on what the licensed investigator thinks is appropriate. If you have questions, be sure to ask.
When Is a licensed investigator Needed?
Having an investigation is, by definition, simply the process of finding answers to questions. If you suspect your spouse is cheating, think you’re being ripped off, or need more information about a potential employee/employer, then a licensed investigator is needed. Generally, private investigations can be started immediately and tend to cover nearly any mystery.
Here are some common reasons why a general private investigation is required
- Looking for evidence to solve a crime.
- Proving that a spouse is cheating.
- Finding an escaped fugitive.
- Discovering the source of fraud.
- Having background checks conducted.
- Finding lost assets.
Of course, general private investigations involve many more types of cases. In order to know whether you have reason to hire a licensed investigator, be sure to collect your evidence and get in contact as soon as possible.
Important Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Licensed Investigator
Before you hire a licensed investigator, you should cover your bases by asking these important questions during your initial consultation
- Is your Private Investigation firm fully covered by insurance?
- Are your PIs licensed and bonded for legal practice?
- What sort of experience does your team have?
- Is there a contract to sign and will I have time to review it before the investigation begins?
- What is your confidentiality policy?
- What are the costs for the investigation?
For more information on having a general private investigation conducted on your behalf, or to hire a licensed investigator immediately, call 844-663-4631. We provide you with a free initial consultation and price quote for our services.